Tuesday, July 15, 2008

back to school

I am back in school, currently working on my master's degree in early childhood education. I completing this degree online, and I can tell you I was the first one to downplay anyones completing their degree online. I thought, "ha - they couldn't get into a "real" school..." Well, yeah, I was a MORON.

I had NO IDEA how difficult online learning is. If anything, it is harder than sitting in a class and listening to a professor. Online learning is completely self-motivated, so basically, I complete classwork when I want to, so long as it is before the deadline. This coming from a self-proclaimed procrastinator.

And what is the deal with financial aid??? I have no money, I have to borrow money, I already owe money, but all this so I will be able to make a bit more money when I FINALLY finish my degree and then I get to pay it all back (and probably more). Man, what a endless cycle...

At least I am doing it because I love children and love my job. I am happy that I can say that as I know there are many people who cannot.

Also, brief update on Gabe - he is pulling up all over the place now and crawling in a fast-paced sprint now. WOW....he is growing up so fast. And Arwen is now 3 years old - where did THAT time go?

No comments: