Friday, July 18, 2008

Old friends, new friends

I have found so many friends over the past year via the Internet. I have found friends that I have not spoken to in 5 or even 10 years. Just yesterday, I found a friend that I haven't seen since a trip to Florida back in 2002. We did not have a falling out or anything - in fact she was one of my best friends, but she moved away. We had such a great time visiting, but when we left I never spoke to her again (partly because I am HORRIBLE when it comes to calling someone or even writing letters). Well, I decided to look her up and I found her! It is amazing that I can go that long without speaking with someone and then suddenly I find them, and I remember what a wonderful person they are and how much fun we had. I guess I am a bit addicted to the Internet, but it does have its good points from time to time.

I am getting a bit nostalgic, but I hate to think that good friendships are ruined by distance.

No comments: